Hi, everyone! I’m now offering online private lessons on acting, filmmaking and theatre, with the possibility of collaborating on my film projects! For those who don’t know me, I’m a professional actor, filmmaker and stage director with over 10 years of experience and multiple international awards. I directed, produced, wrote and starred in the internationally acclaimed horror movie Be My Cat: A Film for Anne, plus a number of acclaimed theatre plays.
We can connect via Skype, WhatsApp or Facebook video from wherever you live in the world, and I can adapt the lessons for your specific need: preparing a role for film or theatre (actor coaching/training), preparing for admission exams to acting schools, preparing or improving your monologues or scenes, getting professional advice on your film project (all stages of development and production, from idea to funding to casting to production/shooting to working with actors to editing to submitting to festivals to finding distribution), or simply learning the basics of acting, film and theatre.
I’m specialised in realistic acting, improvisational low-budget filmmaking, found footage and genre films. I can help you achieve powerful performances and scenes even without a script, money or a crew. I did my first movie almost by myself with extremely little money, it got praised worldwide, therefore I know how to guide you to create a lot out of nothing.
You also have the opportunity to get feedback from my wife, Duru Yucel-Tofei, who’s a professional actress and screenwriter, at no extra cost. And there’s the possibility to collaborate on my film projects as well, according to your interests and skills.
The price for one hour of online private lessons is $25. Just click Buy Now below and select the quantity (which is the number of hours), and I’ll contact you shortly after you complete your order to set a date and time for the lessons. If you’re not sure how many hours you need, just start with one and then we move forward according to your needs and budget.
Here are some of my professional highlights:
- Best Actor winner at Nashville Film Festival and Hamilton Film Festival
- Best Film winner at A Night of Horror Film Festival in Sydney and On Vous Ment! Mockumentary Film Festival in France
- official selections in over 25 more international film festivals such as Fantasporto, Transilvania, Anchorage, Other Worlds Austin or Nightmares
- 80% fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes for Be My Cat: A Film for Anne
- critical acclaim in over 100 reviews in top publications such as Blumhouse (“a new intelligent found footage film you need to see“), Dread Central (“top 5 best horror movies of 2016“) or Austin Chronicle (“terrifying“)
- Be My Cat released on almost all major platforms in North America (Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Xbox, Vudu etc.) and recommended to students at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco
- author of the Top 100 International Film Festivals and Top 100 Horror & Fantasy Film Festivals, which received recognition in the film industry as top tools when creating the festival strategy of film projects (the lists got over 5,000 Facebook shares and are visited monthly by an average of over 1,500 filmmakers worldwide)
- author of the Found Footage Manifesto
I have a master’s degree in theatrical art and a bachelor’s degree in performing arts, Ion Cojar’s method. You can also check my online CV/resume, plus a a list of interviews I gave to various publications in which I talked about the way I worked on my first movie.
And feel free to contact me for any questions you might have!